In VeggieTales Live!, Bob, Larry and other favorite characters like Junior Asparagus and French Peas, Jean Claude and Phillipe, recreate the best-selling video Dave and the Giant Pickle, a unique retelling of David vs. Goliath. The Veggies play the roles of David, Goliath, the Israelites and Philistines. They also recreate Josh and the Big Wall!. Amazing set design, unusual costumes (the characters don’t have arms or legs), lively musical numbers and Monty Python inspired humor make the show appealing for kids and adults.
- A Friend is a Friend
- Big Things Too
- The Promised Land
- Keep Walking
- The Water Buffalo Song
- The Lord Has Given
- VeggieTales Theme Song
- What Have We Learned
- Love My Lips
- What a Sight!
List of People That Got Interviewed
- Junior's costume in the original 2002 tour was operated by Kristin Towers-Rowles. She ultimately ended up pushing a disc in her back due to wearing the 50 lbs costume so much that she never appeared onstage again until 7 years later.
- A behind-the-scenes featurette of this is found on Josh and the Big Wall!.
- According to an interview in the “From Screen to Stage” feature, there were some issues that arose in the first run through that involved characters’ costumes getting deflated and their mouths being taped shut in order for them to stay inflated. Larry was said to be an example of this and in some footage, Goliath was shown to have had the same problem.
- There were also issues involving characters’ pupils falling off, which can be seen with Bob in the same feature.
- In the audio commentary of Dave and The Giant Pickle, Mike Nawrocki mentions that Dave’s rock missed Goliath by six feet during the debut of the live show in Minneapolis. Goliath still fell down regardless.
- As heard in the "From Screen to Stage" feature, Bob’s costume measures 5 feet tall, Larry’s costume measures 9 feet tall and 3 feet across, and Goliath’s costume measures 14 feet tall.
- This is the only live show for several things:
- The only live show that Mr. Lunt doesn’t appear in, as his costume was not yet made and he is instead seen on a giant fabric hand fan at the end of the show.
- The only live show that Goliath appears in.
- The only live show to recreate episodes of the show, as all other live shows onward were song compilations.