|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
November 26, 2002
The Yodelnapper! (sometimes known as The Yodel Napper) is the third episode of LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures.
LarryBoy is excited over the new Hula Heidi dolls, but Archie is less impressed considering LarryBoy owns all the other Heidi dolls. LarryBoy is devastated that the dolls are sold out, but Archie tells him that his favorite yodeler, Einger Warblethroat, is performing. However, the performance goes wrong when Greta Von Gruesome kidnaps Einger and takes him to her castle and demands the delivery of all yodelers. With the help of Archie, LarryBoy sneaks into the castle under the disguise of a yodeler. There, he releases the trapped yodelers, but the group falls into a pit and are attacked by an army of Hula Heidi dolls. After defeating the dolls with the help of the yodeler Einger, LarryBoy apprehends Greta Von Gruesome and she is arrested for her villainous actions. The five rescued yodelers then put on a "Tribute to LarryBoy" concert, yodeling the theme song.
- Junior Asparagus
- Einger Warblethroat
- Greta Von Gruesome
- Mr. Snappy
- Lemon Twist
- Bok Choy
- Herbert and Wally (cameo)
- Dark Crow
- Scarlet Tomato
- Hot Tamale
- Sweet Potato
- Crazy Clay Monster
- Mr. Mahoney (cameo)
- Mr. Vanderhosenhagenmeir (cameo)
- Toy Sheep
- Ma Mushroom (cameo)
- The Other Yodelers
- Hula Heidi
- Awful Alvin (mentioned)
- Alchemist (mentioned)
- Lampy (mentioned)
- Main article: The Yodelnapper!/Home Video
- The list of things the super heroes listed:
- Lemon Twist - Money
- Scarlet Tomato - Fancy utility belts.
- Dark Crow - Super sonic stealth planes.
- Larry-Boy - The complete works of Einger Warblethroat on CD.
- The verse Master Choy gave was Ecclesiastes 5:10.
- Larry reads the interactive storybook version on The Doom Funnel Rescue! and The Good, the Bad, and the Eggly DVDs.
- This was featured as a bonus feature on a re-release of Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler.
- According to animator Chuck Grieb's resume, production on this episode finished in August 2002.
- The seating during the yodel event is somewhat odd. Archie was originally in the front, but he was then at the balcony with Larry.
- This is probably the first time Larry develops a crush on Vicki.
- This is also the first time in the LarryBoy series where somebody is heard crying. This will happen again in the Super Short that accompanies it.
- Junior mentions that Awful Alvin, the Alchemist, and Lampy are in jail, but he forgets to mention Mother Pearl.
- Speaking of Awful Alvin, his head appears as one of the members of the audience at the Bumblyburg Yodeling Festival, despite being in jail.
- The audience member who shouts "C'mon, yodel already!" sounds similar to Scallion #3.
- The toy sheep is different in the Daily Bumble image.
- The continuity for the seating is off:
- Herbert and Wally are seen in the back, but Wally is also see next to Ma Mushroom.
- Bob is seen on Vicki's right, but another character is seen on Bob's spot in a closeup.
- During the Crazy Clay Monster scene, there are two characters look like a recolor of Bob without the hat. It's unknown if they are tomatoes or other fruits/vegetables.
- Several websites state this episode was released in 1998, which is false.
- During the scenes of the yodeling festival, you can see that the second character next to the beet on the balcony is headless.
- The words on Greta's newspaper are missing when she is first reading it, but they show up in the next shot.
- This is probably the second time Larry created a monster by accident.
- LarryBoy's scream was reused from the previous episode.
- Greta states "That's right!" when LarryBoy discovers she's the "yodelnapper."
- This episode states that Larry dressed up as a yodeler, considering he was a doctor that yodeled before.
- One of the dolls LarryBoy uses to attempt to stop the clay monster is Miss Pretty Pretty, Michelle's doll.
- The Crazy Clay Monster was based off of the Batman villain Clayface.