The Song of the Cebú is the seventh Silly Song with Larry.
Larry presents the audience with a song about a boy who owns three Cebú and a hippo, though also goes off-topic, presenting the audience with pictures he took while on vacation, while Archibald repeatedly interrupts with questions and criticism about leaving the song hanging. The song led to the Song of the Cebú incident, which lasted until 1998.
(The title card appears. It is the same as the original, only the music stand is replaced with a slide projector on a stool.)
Announcer: And now it's time for Silly songs with Larry. The part of the show were Larry come out and sings a silly song.
Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Larry the Cucumber presents, in a sequential image, stereophonic, multimedia event, The Song of the Cebú!
Larry: Cebú! This is a song about a boy. (sheet shows a drawing of a young cucumber, who vaguely resembles Larry, wearing a coat and a hat) A song about a little boy and his cebús. (sheet shows a drawing of three cebú, all with different personalities) A song about a little boy and his three cebús. (sheet shows a closeup of the first cebú, who has a patched up head, sick looking eyes, and is holding a thermometer in his mouth) The little boy who had a sick cebú, (sheet shows a closeup of the second cebú, who has teary eyes and is holding a flower with a broken petal) a sad cebú, (sheet shows a closeup of the third cebú, whose lips are sewn together) and a mute cebú. (sheet shows a drawing of a stupid-looking hippo) And also a hippo. (Suddenly, the sheet becomes blank and Larry tries to fix a problem with his slide projector.) Um... um... (Sheet shows a photo of him and Bob at the airport, with Mike Asparagus in the background. Larry is wearing a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses and has a blue suitcase behind him, with his Larry-Boy hat in it; Bob is carrying his suitcase and a stamp featuring himself and Junior.) this is me at the airport. (Sheet shows a photo of him and his Great Aunt Ruth, with Lovey and Grandpa George in the background. Aunt Ruth's face is obscured, but she is shown to also be wearing a Hawaiian shirt, as well as a sun hat.) This is my Aunt Ruth. (Sheet shows a photo of him at a bullfight. He is dressed as a bullfighter and a nearby bull with a ring in his nose is ready to fight.) This is me at a bullfight. (Sheet shows a photo him fighting the bull.) This is me fighting a bull.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Ooohh!
Larry: This is me and the bull.
(Sheet shows a photo an injured Larry and the bull, who is now wearing Larry's bullfighter hat and cape, with a group of cheering potatoes in the background. The bull is resting his right hoof on Larry's head.)
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Ahh!
(Sheet shows a photo of Larry, the bull, and a cebú who looks like the sick cebú in Larry's drawing.)
Larry: This is me and the bull and... I think that's the bull's cousin. He's a cebú!
(Larry continues to show blank pictures on the sheet as Archibald Asparagus comes in.)
Archibald: Hold it! You call this a multimedia event? This is a slide projector and a bed sheet! And what on Earth is a Cebú, anyway?
Larry: It's kind of like a cow... (sheet shows a drawing comparing a cow to a Cebú, both of whom are staring at each other) See?
Archibald: Yes. Well, very good. This could be interesting. Carry on! (He leaves.)
Larry: Cebú! Sing it with me! Cebú!
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Cebú!
(instrumental; sheet shows a drawing of the boy riding with his three Cebú in a canoe)
Larry: Boy is riding with Cebú
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Boy is riding with Cebú
Larry: Into town in his canoe
(Sheet shows a closeup of the boy and his Sick Cebú.)
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Into town in his canoe
(Sheet shows four drawings of the Sick Cebú sneezing.)
Larry: Sick Cebú is rowing and sneezing. Achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo moo moo.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo moo moo.
(Sheet shows a drawing of the Hippo chewing on bamboo sticks.)
Larry: Hippo chewing on bamboo
(Sheet shows a drawing of the boy and his three Cebú rowing past the Hippo; his back turned towards them.)
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Hippo chewing on bamboo
(Sheet shows the first drawing of the boy and his three Cebú rowing in their canoe.)
Larry: Can't see boy and three Cebú
(Sheet shows a closeup of the boy and his Hippo; they can't see each other.)
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Can't see boy and three Cebú
(Sheet shows six drawings of the Sad Cebú crying.)
Larry: Sad Cebú is rowing and crying. Boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo moo moo.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo moo moo.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Cebú!
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Cebú!
All: Achoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, Cebú!
(Sheet shows a drawing of the Mute Cebú turning his attention towards the Hippo.)
Larry: Hippo seen by Mute Cebú.
(Sheet shows the closeup of the boy and his Hippo; their backs still turned toward each other.)
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Hippo seen by Mute Cebú.
(Sheet shows a drawing of the Mute Cebú pointing towards the Hippo.)
Larry: Tries to tell the other two.
(Sheet shows a drawing of the Mute Cebú gesturing at the other Cebú.)
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Tries to tell the other two.
(Sheet shows a drawing of the Mute Cebú waving a red flag in his right hoof and a yellow flag in his left hoof; then four more drawings of him grunting and grabbing his ears.)
Larry: Mute Cebú is waving and grunting Mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm mmm mmm.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm mmm mmm.
(Suddenly, a squeak is heard. Jimmy, Jerry & Junior look around in confusion as Larry tries to fix the slide projector.)
(Archibald comes back in.)
Archibald: Wait! What happens next?
Larry: Um ...
Archibald: Does the hippo see them? Is the poor Mute Cebú successful in communicating the imminent danger to the other passengers? Is the boy injured? Why is the Sad Cebú sad? Is the canoe wood or aluminum?
(Larry continues fixing the slide projector until it displays a new photo.)
Larry: Oh look! (The photo shows him and Cricket at Sea World, with The Peach in the background wearing scuba gear. A dolphin is playing with Bob. Larry is blocked by Archibald.) There's me and Bob at Sea World! (He displays another photo, which is shown offscreen.) Oh, wow.
Jimmy, Jerry, & Junior: Oooh!
Larry: Forgot about that one. (He displays another photo, which is the one showing him and the bull again.) There's me and that bull again. (The sheet goes blank again.)
Archibald: You can't just start a song and leave it hanging like that! (Sheet shows the photo of Larry and his Aunt Ruth again.) You know, I've come to expect a lot more from you. (Sheet shows the first drawing of the boy again.) This is quite disappointing! (Sheet shows the photo of Larry and Bob at the airport again.) I'm going to have to speak to Bob about this.
(Sheet shows a drawing of a water buffalo.)
Larry: Oh look, a cebú!
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Cebú!
(Scene changes back to the title card.)
Larry (OS): No, wait ... that's a water buffalo.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: No more song about Cebú!
Need another verse or two!
Audience is standing and leaving, Bye-bye moo, bye-bye moo, bye-bye moo,bye-bye moo moo moo moo.
Jimmy: (to Jerry) I want my money back!
Jerry: Yeah, that'd be ... that'd be good.
- A cebu (translated in English as a zebu) is a type of cow seen in South Asia.
- Mike Nawrocki got the idea for this song after going on a trip and learning about the cebu.
- It's unknown what the picture Larry accidentally showed and shocked the audience with was. Mike Nawrocki imagines it's Larry in his towel as seen in The Hairbrush Song.
- While looking at Aunt Ruth's obscure face in one of the slides, you can see a sequence of numbers. According to Mike Nawrocki, he says if you use the A=1 B=2 method, the numbers will encode a secret message about Aunt Ruth.
- The numbers are "1-21-14-20 18-21-20-8 12-9-22-5-19."
- This clip is featured in the end credits from Lessons from the Sock Drawer, although that silly song isn't included in the DVD.
- The drawings were done by Daniel Lopez Munoz.
- This is the first Silly Song for several things:
- The first to feature animals. (The Water Buffalo Song doesn't count, as though it was about animals (in this case, water buffalo), they never actually appear in the song.)
- The first to have the Gourds, Jimmy and Jerry appear.
- This is the first song to feature a (bit) more musical score than the previous songs.
- From this one onwards, the first to not feature a music sheet stand in the title card.
- In this, the music sheet stand is replaced with the projector that Larry uses in the silly song.
- Following Oh, Santa!, Larry is again seen without his tooth in the title card.
- In the Arabic dub of Josh and the Big Wall!, he does have his tooth in the Silly Song title card (hence a textless version of the Silly Song title card).
- This was played before Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen when it premiered in select Orlando showings.
- This was featured on Josh and the Big Wall!, The End of Silliness?, The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown, Heroes of the Bible!: Stand Up, Stand Tall, Stand Strong!, Sing-Alongs: I Love My Lips, If I Sang A Silly Song, Parade of Animals and also on Englishman with an Omelet.
- During the first half of the song, Junior's pupils had rough edges. After the group sang about the Sick Cebu, they're smooth.
- A few instances of Larry missing his tooth:
- In the title card.
- After Larry shows the embarrassing photo.
- In some shots, part of Jerry clips through Junior's chair.
- A few nods to the first silly song were made here, such as Archibald interrupting and it's a song about cows. A water buffalo is also shown at the end.
- When Larry shows a slide of him at the airport, you can see his Larry-Boy mask in his suitcase.
- Sea World is a theme park, mostly about marine aquatic animals. The three parks are located in Dallas, Texas, San Diego, California, and Orlando, Florida. There is also an unrelated park with the same name in Australia.
- ↑ “BigIdea.com News - Esther: A Premiere Event.” BigIdea.com, 19 Oct. 2000, http://web.archive.org/web/20001019030338/http://bigidea.com:80/company/about/news/estherpremiere2.htm.