The Song of the Cebú is the seventh Silly Songs with Larry.
Larry presents the audience with a song about a boy who owns three Cebús and a hippo, though also goes off-topic, presenting the audience with pictures he took while on vacation, while Archibald repeatedly interrupts with questions and criticism about leaving the song hanging. The song led to the Song of the Cebú incident which lasted until 1998.
Announcer: And now it's time for silly songs with Larry. The part of the show were Larry come out and sings a silly song. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Larry the Cucumber presents, in a sequential image, stereophonic, multimedia event, The Song of the Cebu!
Larry: Cebú! This is a song about a boy...a song about a little boy and his cebús...a song about a little boy and his three cebús...The little boy who had...a sick cebú...a sad cebú...and a mute cebú. And also a hippo. Um... um... this is me at the airport. This is my aunt Ruth. This is me at a bullfight. This is me fighting the bull.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Ooo!
Larry: This is me and the bull.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Ahh!
Larry: This is me and the bull and... I think that's the bull's cousin. He's a cebú!
Archibald: Hold it! You call this a multimedia event? This is a slide projector and a bed sheet! And what on earth is a cebú, anyway?
Larry: It's kind of like a cow. See?
Archibald: Yes. Well, very good. This could be interesting. Carry on!
Larry: Cebú! Sing it with me! Cebú!
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Cebú!
Larry: Boy is riding with cebú.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Boy is riding with cebú.
Larry: Into town in his canoe
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Into town in his canoe.
Larry: Sick cebú is rowing and sneezing. Achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo moo moo.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo moo moo.
Larry: Hippo chewing on bamboo.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Hippo chewing on bamboo.
Larry: Can't see boy and three cebus.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Can't see boy and three cebus
Larry: Sad cebú is rowing and crying. Boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo moo moo.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo moo moo.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Cebú!
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Cebú!
All: Achoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, boo-hoo moo moo, achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo,boo-hoo moo moo,ce-bú!
Larry: Hippo seen by mute cebú.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Hippo seen by mute cebú.
Larry: Tries to tell the other two.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Tries to tell the other two.
Larry: Mute cebú is waving and grunting Mmm-hmm mmm mmm,mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm,mmm-hmm mmm mmm mmm mmm.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm, mmm-hmm mmm mmm mmm mmm.
Archibald: Wait! What happens next?
Larry: Um ...
Archibald: Does the hippo see them? Is the poor mute cebú successful in communicating the imminent danger to the other passengers? Is the boy injured? Why is the sad cebú sad? Is the canoe wood or aluminum?
Larry: Oh look! There's me and Bob at Sea World! Oh, wow.
Jimmy, Jerry, & Junior: Ooo!
Larry: Forgot about that one. There's me and that bull again.
Archibald: You can't just start a song and leave it hanging like that! You know, I've come to expect a lot more from you. This is quite disappointing! I'm going to have to speak to Bob about this.
Larry: Oh look, a cebú!
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: Cebu!
Larry: No, wait ... that's a water buffalo.
Jimmy, Jerry & Junior: No more song about cebú! Need another verse or two! Audience is standing and leaving, Bye-bye moo, bye-bye moo, bye-bye moo,bye-bye moo moo moo moo.
Jimmy: I want my money back!
Jerry: Yeah, that'd be ... that'd be good.
- A cebu (corrected as a zebu) is a type of cow seen in South Asia.
- Mike Nawrocki got the idea for this song after going on a trip and learning about the cebu.
- It's unknown what the picture Larry accidentally showed and shocked the audience with was. Mike Nawrocki imagines it's Larry in his towel as seen in The Hairbrush Song.
- While looking at Aunt Ruth's obscure face in one of the slides, you can see a sequence of numbers. According to Mike Nawrocki, he says if you use the A=1 B=2 method, the numbers will encode a secret message about Aunt Ruth.
- This clip is featured in the end credits from Lessons from the Sock Drawer, although that silly song isn't included in the DVD.
- The drawings were done by Daniel Lopez Munoz.
- This is the first Silly Song for several things:
- The first to feature animals.
- The first to have the Gourds, Jimmy and Jerry appear.
- From this one onwards, the first to not feature a music sheet stand in the title card.
- In this, the music sheet stand is replaced with the projector that Larry uses in the silly song.
- Following Oh, Santa!, Larry is again seen without his tooth in the title card.
- In the Arabic dub of Josh and the Big Wall!, he does have his tooth in the Silly Song title card (hence a textless version of the Silly Song title card).
- This was played before Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen when it premiered in select Orlando showings.
- This was featured on Josh and the Big Wall!, The End of Silliness?, The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown, Heroes of the Bible!: Stand Up, Stand Tall, Stand Strong!, Sing-Alongs: I Love My Lips, If I Sang A Silly Song and also on Englishman with an Omelet.
- During the first half of the song, Junior's pupils had rough edges. After the group sang about the Sick Cebu, they're smooth.
- A few instances of Larry missing his tooth:
- In the title card.
- After Larry shows the embarrassing photo.
- In some shots, part of Jerry clips through Junior's chair.
- A few nods to the first silly song were made here, such as Archibald interrupting and it's a song about cows. A water buffalo is also shown at the end.
- When Larry shows a slide of him at the airport, you can see his Larry-Boy mask in his suitcase.
- Sea World is a theme park, mostly about marine aquatic animals. The three parks are located in Dallas, Texas, San Diego, California, and Orlando, Florida. There is also an unrelated park with the same name in Australia.
- ↑ “BigIdea.com News - Esther: A Premiere Event.” BigIdea.com, 19 Oct. 2000, http://web.archive.org/web/20001019030338/http://bigidea.com:80/company/about/news/estherpremiere2.htm.