|The Penniless Princess|
August 11, 2012
The Penniless Princess is the forty-third episode of VeggieTales.
The story is based on Frances Hodgson Burnett's "A Little Princess."
- Main article: Best Friends Forever
- Bob the Tomato/Baker
- Larry the Cucumber/Captain Crewe
- Junior Asparagus/Urchin
- Sara Crewe
- Archibald Asparagus/Mr. Carrisford
- Laura Carrot/Becky
- The French Peas/Jacques and Pierre
- Madame Blueberry/Miss Amelia
- Jimmy and Jerry Gourd/Stewards #1 and #2
- Mr. Lunt/Papa Razzi
- Petunia Rhubarb
- Libby Asparagus/Ermie
- Papaya Poppyseed/Lavina
- Pea Girl
- Scooter (Cameo)
- Miss Minchin
- VeggieTales Theme Song
- God's Little Princess
- Imagine With Me
- No Matter What
- Silly Songs with Best Friends Forever: Best Friends Forever
- Oh, Papa
- No Matter What (reprise)
- God's Little Princess (reprise)
- What Have We Learned
- Escargot is a French appetizer of cooked snails.
- On a similar note, chocolate eclairs and croissants are French pastries.
- This is the first episode for several things:
- This is the second time Larry dies (in a story only). The first was in Moe and the Big Exit.
- This is also the third time a character dies in VeggieTales. The first was in Moe and the Big Exit, and the second was in The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie.
- This is the final episode to have Easter Eggs on the DVD menus.
- Bob was dressed as a baker in the story and in the countertop scenes.
- Captain Crewe was originally going to be played by Mike Asparagus.
- Even though the book is based on takes place in the late 1800s, the episode takes places in the early 1900s. Brian Roberts states this on the commentary so they can have the teddy bear in the story for Sara.
- The way the countertop is decorated goes back to Lyle the Kindly Viking.