|The Penniless Princess|
August 11, 2012
The story is based on Frances Hodgson Burnett's "A Little Princess".
- Bob the Tomato/Baker
- Larry the Cucumber/Captain Crewe
- Junior Asparagus/Urchin
- Sara Crewe
- Archibald Asparagus/Mr. Carrisford
- Laura Carrot/Becky
- The French Peas/Jacques and Pierre
- Madame Blueberry/Miss Amelia
- Jimmy and Jerry Gourd/Steward#1 and #2
- Mr. Lunt/Papa Razzi (Cameo)
- Petunia Rhubarb
- Libby Asparagus/Ermie
- Papaya Poppyseed/Lavina
- Pea Girl
- Scooter (Cameo)
- Miss Achmetha/Miss Minchin
- VeggieTales Theme Song
- God's Little Princess
- Imagine With Me
- No Matter What
- Silly Songs with Best Friends Forever: Best Friends Forever
- Oh, Papa
- No Matter What (reprise)
- God's Little Princess (reprise)
- What Have We Learned
- Escargot is a French appetizer of cooked snails.
- On a similar note, Chocolate eclairs and croissants are French pastries.
- Even though the book is based on takes place on the late 1800s, the episode takes places in the early 1900s. Brian Roberts states this on the commentary so they can have the teddy bear in the story for Sara.
- This is the first episode not to use Qwerty since Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving.
- This is also the first episode Bob and Larry's roles are opposite from each other.
- This is also the first episode to have a letter read since 2009.
- The second time Larry dies (in a story only). The first was in Moe and the Big Exit.
- This is also the 3rd time a character dies in Veggietales. The first was from The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything.
- Bob the Tomato was dressed as a baker in the story and in the countertop scenes.
- Captain Crewe was originally going to be played by Mike Asparagus.
- The way the countertop is decorated goes back to Lyle the Kindly Viking.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.