|The Penniless Princess|
August 11, 2012
The story is based on Frances Hodgson Burnett's "A Little Princess".
The episode starts off with the countertop decorated fancy, and Larry starts off showing the audience "A Little Princess". She goes to a School for Girls and when Crewe goes back to Africa, she meets new friends, Ernie (Libby), and Becky (Laura the Carrot) Sara’s Teacher Miss Minchin was particularly mean to her and Captain Crewe died in a War and his friend Mr. Carrisford (Archibald Asparagus) was sad about his loss of a friend and Sara was nowhere to be found. Worst of all for Miss Minchin, she hurt Ernie, Becky, and Sara like throw her teddy Bear Mortimer out the window and takes their food away. Sara was crying about losing everything and her Papa was dead. Then when Sara visits Carissford, he saw a mircale and found Sara, then Miss Minchin Fibbed To Mr. Carrisford to get Sara back. Then Sara and Becky are back in school and Mr. Carrisford cared for Sara
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber/Captain Crewe
- Junior Asparagus
- Sara Crewe
- Archibald Asparagus
- Laura Carrot
- The French Peas
- Madame Blueberry
- Jimmy and Jerry Gourd
- Mr. Lunt (Cameo)
- Petunia Rhubarb
- Libby Asparagus
- Papaya Poppyseed/Lavina
- Pea Girl
- Scooter (Cameo)
- Miss Achmetha/Miss Minchin
- VeggieTales Theme Song
- God's Little Princess
- Imagine With Me
- No Matter What
- Silly Songs with Best Friends Forever: Best Friends Forever
- Oh, Papa
- No Matter What (reprise)
- God's Little Princess (reprise)
- What Have We Learned
- Escargot is a French appetizer of cooked snails.
- On a similar note, Chocolate eclairs and croissants are French pastries.
- Even though the book is based on takes place on the late 1800s, the episode takes places in the early 1900s. Brian Roberts states this on the commentary so they can have the teddy bear in the story for Sara.
- This is the first episode not to use Qwerty since Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving.
- This is also the first episode to have a letter read since 2009.
- The second time Larry dies (in a story only). The first was in Moe and the Big Exit.
- Bob the Tomato was dressed as a baker in the story and in the countertop scenes.
- Captain Crewe was originally going to be played by Mike Asparagus.
- The way the countertop is decorated goes back to Lyle the Kindly Viking.