|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|The Good, the Bad, and the Eggly|
Awful Alvin and Greta Von Gruesome are out of jail. After the Larry-Plane crash-lands in some woods due to three flying pigs with bacon-and-egg guns, LarryBoy is saved by the Dark Crow, who is the hero of Bumblyburg's neighboring town, Lollyhaven. The two team up and attempt to stop Awful Alvin and Greta Von Gruesome in their tracks in the science lab, before LarryBoy makes a mistake and allows the two antagonists to steal a machine called the Overeasy Egg Ray which turns anything not alive into eggs. Using it, they steal various antiques from a museum and kidnap Vicki. LarryBoy and the Dark Crow, stripped of their supersuits, try to defeat Awful Alvin and Greta Von Gruesome, but fail, leading them to be kidnapped themselves. Soon, they free themselves by swinging back and forth and directing a ray to a rope that's holding them. LarryBoy then proceeds to destroy the Overeasy Egg Ray and is successful but then gets himself knocked out by Awful Alvin and Greta Von Gruesome. LarryBoy is trapped until the Dark Crow frees him, trapping Awful Alvin and Lampy in the process. They then proceed to trap Greta Von Gruesome. The two antagonists and Lampy are arrested and jailed once again and the Overeasy Egg Ray is returned to the science lab, though it's damaged. Vicky brings up the Founder's Day Dance and LarryBoy agrees he wants to go with her to it. The Dark Crow catches up to them at the last second as they are leaving.
- Dark Crow
- Junior Asparagus
- Vicki Cucumber
- Archibald Asparagus
- Bob the Tomato
- Awful Alvin
- Greta Von Gruesome
- Bok Choy
- Professor Flurbleblub
- The Scientists
- Flying Pigs
- Superheroes at Bumblyburg Community College (cameos)
- Bunny Bot 3000
- "When pigs fly" is a expression that means it's likely that'll never happen.
- This is the first episode for several things:
- The first episode to have Dark Crow in a main role.
- The first time LarryBoy uses his plunger ears to stop a large object.
- Bumpkin's first and only appearance.
- Awful Alvin's first appearance since LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows.
- The first and only episode to not show Larry working as a janitor, or show him outside his LarryBoy identity.
- This was featured as a bonus feature on a re-release of Duke and the Great Pie War.
- The TV version premiered on the same day as Gideon: Tuba Warrior.
- The verse Bok Choy gives is Ecclesiastes 4:9-10.
- According to animator Chuck Grieb's resume, production on this episode finished in October 2002.
- It is never explained how Vicki didn't recognize Larry when his supersuit was egg'd.
- The shot of Dark Crow telling LarryBoy his shoes are untied seems to be a 16:9 shot squished into a 4:3 aspect ratio (see image).
- The audio quality on the episode is different compared to the previous three.
- The credits on the Chordant DVD/VHS state that the episode came out in 2002, but it didn't come out until 2003. This is most likely when the episode finished production.
- The cables on the plunger ears clip through the Larry-Plane in one shot.
- On the DVD release, the covers for both The Amazing Carnival of Complaining and Runaway Pride at Lightstation Kilowatt on the previews section are swapped.
- Larry having a crush on Vicki is a reference to the previous episode.
- The episode's title is a reference to the 1967 Clint Eastwood film "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."