The Best Christmas Gift is the first episode of The VeggieTales Show.
Bob and Larry are preparing for their first Christmas show in Mr. Nezzer’s theater and the show seems to be headed for disaster. Bob begins to wonder how to celebrate Christmas when everything is going wrong. It’s only when the Veggies go back to the very first Christmas, where times were tough and things didn’t seem to be working out, that they all learn the promise of Christmas – God is with us. It’s a timeless story of hope that every family will enjoy!
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber
- Junior Asparagus
- Archibald Asparagus
- Petunia Rhubarb
- Jimmy and Jerry Gourd
- Madame Blueberry
- Mr. Nezzer
- Mr. Lunt
- Pa Grape
- The French Peas
- Bruce Onion
- This is the first episode for the following things:
- The first new episode from a series created by Big Idea since Bye Bye Bacon Bill!, which was a VeggieTales in the City episode.
- The first time Goliath physically appears in a work related to VeggieTales since Josh and the Big Wall! (not counting the compilation episodes)/Little Ones Can Do Big Things Too! (counting the compilation episodes).
- The first time Khalil appears in a work related to VeggieTales since Celery Night Fever.
- This also marks the first time Bruce Onion appears outside of said episode.
- The first time the original designs were used since Beauty and the Beet, not counting promotional material released on the online store and official social media posts.
- This is the second episode for the following things:
- One of the scenes has Bob say, "Have we got a show for you!"
- This isn't the first time that peas have been portrayed as angels.
- Junior, Jimmy, and Jerry can be seen wearing the shepherd outfits from Dave and the Giant Pickle.
- Speaking of which, Larry wears the same costume as Gaspar from The Little Drummer Boy.