July 31st, 2010
Sweetpea Beauty is the thirty-eighth VeggieTales episode.
The first story, "Snoodlerella", a sequel to A Snoodle's Tale, is a retelling of the fairy tale Cinderella; while the second story is loosely based after Sleeping Beauty.
Larry is trying on different hats on. As he tries on the baseball cap, he greets the viewers and introduces himself.
- Larry the Cucumber/Prince Larry
- Petunia Rhubarb/Sweetpea Beauty
- Pa Grape/Sweetpea's Dad
- Madame Blueberry/Queen Blueberry
- Archibald Asparagus/Guard 1
- Jerry Gourd/Guard 2
- The French Peas/The Seven Snow Peas
- Mr. Lunt
- Jimmy Gourd
- The Scallions
- The Magic Mirror (debut)
- Snoodlerella (debut)
- Bob the Tomato
- Annie Onion
- VeggieTales Theme Song
- Veggie Shopping Network: Pants
- Fit for a Queen
- More Beautiful
- Ugly Hairy Plan
- Action Scene!
- What Have We Learned
- Beautiful For Me
- Don't judge a book by its cover.
- This is the first episode animated by Hawaii Animation Studios.
- This episode is notorious for having some of the most errors, which before that was God Wants Me to Forgive Them!?! If counted, in this episode there are 15.
- In addition, this episode is known to have the weakest animation and poorest design of the characters, which would be a problem in It's a Meaningful Life, but would be fixed afterwards.
- This is the only episode of the series not to feature Bob in the countertop segments, but instead featuring Annie and Petunia. However, Bob is seen on the Countertop for Snoodlerella after Annie says "Roll Film."
- If you count this episode, it can make up the third episode in the series (following Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen and Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weed) not to feature Bob. Unlike the first two episodes not to include him, however in this episode, Bob is only seen two times in the first segment "Snoodlerella", where he pulls out the book and starts narrating the story from the countertop, and also soon cameo appears as a Snoodle who drives the horse to the ball. So far besides that, he does not appear in the second segment "Sweetpea Beauty" nor the Silly Song segment.
- In some airings of the episode on TBN and Smile of a Child, the Snoodlerella segment and the Silly Song were removed.
- The fairy godmother tells Snoodlerella to close her eyes when they start styling her, but as they start, her eyes are back open.
- Somehow, when Sweetpea is dropped by the mirror, she falls at a constant speed, instead of just simply accelerating.
* - An error that was fixed in later releases of the episode, as seen on streaming sites and new episode collections
- Larry's mirror reflection is in a worse rendering quality.
- When Larry says "Hi Lauren," his mouth doesn't move.
- Though the Step-Snoodle has one side of the newspaper facing Snoodlerella, a shot later she flips the newspaper over to reveal the same side to Snoodlerella.
- When the fairy says "We most certainly can!", her mouth doesn't move.
- When the camera pans up to the machine in Snoodlerella, it lags briefly.
- Snooderella takes a cup of the drink, but the drink is invisible.
- The mirror switches location in one shot when first introduced to Queen Blueberry. *
- When the crown falls out of the castle in the opening, there are no effects of the castle crumbling. *
- When the Queen and her advisors walk down the hallway, her crown can be seen floating about six feet behind her and glitching terribly.
- Certain shots alter between grown crops and blank soil. For instance, one shot shows soil with plants in them, but some shots after that show the soil without anything planted on it.
- The mirror's mouth is textured differently when he talks in some shots.
- At one point, where Mr. Lunt is singing in front of the tower, the top of his hat comes off and glitches.
- It's unknown how can a cup not spill anything from falling on the floor, as if the drink was frozen on it.
- The Queen gains her crown back in specific shots but loses it afterward while The Mirror still has it.
- The rocks that The Mirror is throwing at Prince Larry don't appear in most shots where Larry is avoiding them. *
- The hats Larry tries on in the countertop segments include many hats from previous episodes:
- The picture with the snoodle machine and the town is the same one from A Snoodle's Tale.
- The castle's balcony is similar to the one used in King George and the Ducky and Duke and the Great Pie War.
- Sharper Image is a American product company brand, formerly associated with retails. The company went bankrupt in 2008, but it still sells products online.
- The hat that Larry wears as Petunia passes by him is Abraham Lincoln's hat. He even recites a part from his speech.
- The Baseball hat that Larry wears in the beginning of this episode would later be seen in the next episode.