Qwerty is the kitchen countertop's desktop recipe computer in VeggieTales.
Unlike most computers, Qwerty is not perfect. In Where's God When I'm S-Scared?, he accidentally pulled up a recipe for yummy meatloaf instead of the verse.
He is usually quiet, though he does like teasing Bob sometimes, like when he did a Norm's Note version of the verse for Huckleberry Larry, and when he changed his screen to the paper bag Larry wore in Noah's Umbrella.
According to Phil Vischer, Qwerty was originally based on an IBM 386. After his complete upgrade, he is based on an Apple iMac.
His current upgrade includes e-mail, a screensaver, a voice chip, and a webcam.
- Mike Nawrocki (Pistachio - The Little Boy That Woodn't- Robin Good and His Not-So-Merry Men; The VeggieTales Show)
- Qwerty's name comes from the first six letters on a standard English keyboard.
- Qwerty originally had Pong as seen in the second episode. It's currently unknown if he still has the game in his upgrade.
- Phil originally created the model of Qwerty in either 1990 or '91 for a corporate piece he was doing for work prior to Big Idea's start.
- After the series switch to Maya, Qwerty gained letters on his keyboard and even a power cord, which was absent from his original model.
- Starting with Pistachio - The Little Boy That Woodn't, he was upgraded and based on an Apple iMac.
- The original IBM 386-based Qwerty doesn't speak; he only communicates with 8-bit computer bleeping noises.
- Qwerty makes different noises when pulling up a bible verse on his monitor face in different episodes as follows:
- In Where's God When I'm S-Scared?, Rack, Shack and Benny, Dave and the Giant Pickle and Larry-Boy! and the Fib from Outer Space!, the sound he makes when a Bible verse pops up on his monitor face resembles a raspberry-blowing noise.
- In God Wants Me to Forgive Them!?!, he makes sounds resembling a door-knocking while processing, and then his usual down-ranging "beep-beep-beep-beep" sounds when the verse pops up.
- In Are You My Neighbor? he makes squeaky bleeping sounds and then a popping noise when he pulls up a verse.
- When slowed down and reversed, the squeaky bleeping sounds are actually a piece of stock music.
- In Josh and the Big Wall!, Qwerty makes a different but unusual noise sounding like a vortex zooming.
- From Madame Blueberry onwards, bits of his previous sounds are merged together.
|VeggieTales Main Cast|
|Bob • Larry|
|Junior Asparagus • Archibald Asparagus • Pa Grape • Laura Carrot • Jimmy and Jerry Gourd • Mr. Nezzer • Mr. Lunt • The French Peas • Madame Blueberry • Petunia Rhubarb • Qwerty|