Nebby K. Nezzer is a major protagonist from Big Idea Studios' famous cartoon, VeggieTales. He also played as the main villain in some episodes, but there were some episodes where he redeems himself and he’s actually a nice guy in real life. He was replaced by the similar-looking Ichabeezer only in the Netflix shows due to DreamWorks having a policy against interracial casting (his voice is based on a black character from The Nightmare Before Christmas).
He is set to return in The VeggieTales Show with Phil Vischer, voicing him again.
In his debut episode, he and Mr. Lunt work at the chocolate factory.
- A running gag is that the characters Mr. Nezzer plays since his debut is that they often run a factory.
- Phil's inspiration for Mr. Nezzer's voice was that of Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Mr. Nezzer in his original appearance was inspired by Nebuchadnezzar II from the original Biblical account of "Shadrach, Medshash, and Abedengo" from the Book of Daniel.
- Has had the most villainous roles out of all the characters, considering him the main antagonist of the series, even though he is actually a nice guy in real life.
- He has very short minor roles in both VeggieTales movies.
- Duke and the Great Pie War is the only time he worked for Mr. Lunt.
- He often is paired with Mr. Lunt as villains, good guys, or just partners.
- He is partners in "Sheerluck Holmes" and "Duke and the Great Pie War."
- He is known for singing "The Bunny Song."
- He was the bad guy in most episodes, but he was good in some episodes and outside of the stories, he's a very nice guy.
- He reformed in four episodes.
- He didn't actually appear in The Toy That Saved Christmas, as Wally P. Nezzer is actually his brother and possibly not the same character, as the difference is told by the size of their noses. Mr. Nezzer also mentioned this in A Very Veggie Christmas.
See Mr. Nezzer/Gallery.
|VeggieTales Main Cast|
|Bob • Larry|
|Junior Asparagus • Archibald Asparagus • Pa Grape • Laura Carrot • Jimmy and Jerry Gourd • Mr. Nezzer • Mr. Lunt • The French Peas • Madame Blueberry • Petunia Rhubarb • Qwerty|