|Little Things Matter|
September 1, 2020
Little Things Matter is the eighth episode of The VeggieTales Show, which teaches a lesson in faithfulness.
Madame Blueberry is upset that Junior failed to water her prized plant while she was out of town. Junior told her that he would water her prized plants! Junior thought it was no big deal, since it was just a plant. So Pa Grape and Archie teach Junior the importance of being faithful to what you say you will do using 2 biblical narratives: the parable of the talents and the story of David and Jonathan’s friendship.
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber
- Junior Asparagus
- Archibald Asparagus
- Pa Grape
- Laura Carrot
- Jimmy and Jerry Gourd
- Mr. Nezzer
- Mr. Lunt
- The French Peas
- Madame Blueberry
- Petunia Rhubarb
- Miss Achmetha
- Miss Minchin (non-speaking role)
- Khalil (non-speaking role)
- Bruce Onion (non-speaking role; theme song only)
- The VeggieTales Show Theme Song
- Start with Something Small
- A Beautiful Day for a Bloom
- David is the Guy
- Silly Songs with Larry: Wanna Wallaby
- Little Stuff
- This is the first episode for several things:
- The first episode since The Best Christmas Gift to be announced before its release date.
- The first episode to have Mr. Nezzer play a role in the show.
- The first episode to feature Goliath since The Best Christmas Gift.
- The first episode to feature Khalil since It's Cool to Be Kind.
- The first episode where Junior wears his trademark cap.
- The first episode to be released on the planned date.
- The first time Miss Minchin appears in a work related to VeggieTales since Beauty and the Beet.
- The first time Larry plays the role of a prince in 10 years, first time was Sweetpea Beauty.
- When the episode was originally released on Yippee, the video quality was slightly low, with interlaced frames and twitching of the screen a few times. This was fixed later in the day.
- During the opening backstage scene, Madame Blueberry loses her pearl necklace as she shouts, "There's the culprit!".
- Stephanie Southerland is incorrectly credited with voicing Miss Achmetha instead of Elise Napier.
- Jimmy's band manager costume is loosely inspired on the original outfit he wore as a member of Boyz in the Sink.
- The set for Junior and Laura's bedrooms are based off their bedrooms from Celery Night Fever.
- Junior also reads a magazine featuring the Groovy Brothers, with an image taken from the same episode.
- The entirety of the "David and Jonathan" play makes several references to Dave and the Giant Pickle:
- The sets and backdrops depict similars designs to the original episode, including King Sauls's and the Philistines' tents.
- At the beginning, when the fight between David and Goliath is shown, an instrumental of Big Things Too as well as some of the original episode's score can be heard.
- Goliath acknowledges that they're doing the story of David and Goliath again.
- Several costumes are reused for the play; specifically the original costumes for Junior, Jimmy, Jerry and Archibald (with Archibald's costume now being worn by Mr. Nezzer).
- The throne room is re-used from A ShakeSparagus Play.
- Larry's costume for Jonathan is a reuse of his costume for Boaz from The Power of Love, with modifications to the color of the costume.
- Archibald interrupting the Wallaby song is a reference to other times he's interrupted Silly Songs.
- The band of plants is a parody of The Beatles.