|Leggo My Ego!|
August 27, 2002
Leggo My Ego! is the second episode of LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures.
Things seem normal in Bumblyburg until LarryBoy notices that the residents are mysteriously shrinking. LarryBoy discovers this is the work of the Alchemist who uses a flower loaded with a mysterious powder which has the ability to shrink those who are exposed to it. The Alchemist and his mother capture the residents of Bumblyburg, taking them to their lab, and turn their orange clouds into generating a super evil replica of LarryBoy. the replica grabs LarryBoy by the head (with one of his plunger ears) and bumps LarryBoy back and forth like a game of paddleball. LarryBoy enters the lab and defeats the replica (Alter-Ego) by telling everyone how super they are, putting everyone back to normal size. The Alchemist then takes Bob hostage and Bob is rescued by the brothers Herbert and Wally, who squish jelly donuts in a way the jelly fires at the Alchemist, causing him to lose his grip on Bob and accidentally release the shrinking powder on his mother. His mother, in retaliation, flings the powder back at him, causing him to shrink as well. The Alchemist and his mother are then arrested.
- Junior Asparagus
- Vicki Cucumber
- Bok Choy
- Lemon Twist
- Mother Pearl
- Dark Crow
- Herbert and Wally
- Sucrose is a carbohydrate found in sugarcane or beet sugar. This is common with various sweets.
- Stock footage from LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows was used.
- Larry reads the interactive storybook version on The Yodelnapper.
- This was featured as a bonus feature on a re-release of Sumo of the Opera.
- Both the Alchemist and Mother Pearl should've gotten shrunk as well when LarryBoy said "All of Bumblyburg is worthless." Though, they may'be been not affected due to them residing at the edge of the city, and presumably the explosion only the citizens closer. But it doesn't explain why Archibald was affected, as he was outside of the city.
- Officer Olaf, Herbert, and Wally are shown in the nets after LarryBoy bombarded the city with the ego vapor, but they were already in the lair beforehand.
- The animation looks a little bit odd, almost as if this episode was cel-animated.
- Junior's pencil wasn't touching his pad while writing.
- When LarryBoy feels disappointed no one thinks he's super, you can see black on the background of the buildings.
- Alter-Ego's pupils overlap with the mask during the shots where he bounces LarryBoy.
- When Mother Pearl turns after LarryBoy says "At least not by myself," the inside of her mouth isn't colored in.
- Larry-Boy is often mistaken as "Pickle-Boy."
- The episode's title is spoofed from Eggo's slogan, "L'eggo my Eggo!"