|This article is about the episode of LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures. You may be looking for the episode of The VeggieTales Show.|
|LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows|
March 16, 2002
LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows is the first episode of LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures.
A cheese-breathing cow dragon robs a carrot lady and her spuds of their lunch. As soon as our hero, LarryBoy, arrives, he gets "cheesed." Nevertheless, he pulls out his Radar-Guided Spatula to block the creature's cheese shots. When the creature gets caught, it actually turns out to be Herbert and Wally in a disguise to steal food because they were really hungry. Officer Olaf, Bumblyburg's local police officer, arrests the two for the food robbery and for shooting cheese at innocent people of Bumblyburg.
Meanwhile, Awful Alvin, one of LarryBoy's nemesis, is determined to rule Bumblyburg along with Lampy (a lamp with a silly face drawn on its shade).
At BumblyBurg's local newspaper office, The Daily Bumble, the newspaper staff meets together in Bob's office to discuss tomorrow's headline. Junior suggests it be about a famous inventor, Ma Mushroom, who demonstrates her new invention, The Knit-Master 3,000. Bob declines it because "most of the citizens in Bumblyburg never get any hair in their drains, because most of them don't have any hair." Larry is busy mopping the floors and suddenly an alarm goes off on his mop. He hides in the broom closet to avoid being noticed while talking to his butler, Archibald. Upon realizing that tonight is the night at Superheroes 101 at Bumblyburg Community College, and that he is nearly late for it, he rushes off.
However, in his hurry, Larry accidentally destroys the Knit-Master 3,000. Ma grows very angry, but Larry offers to have someone fix it. She tells him that "there better not be a scratch on it, or else!" Meanwhile, Alvin has set up an evil scheme on LarryBoy and his precious city, which involves a fleet of his angry eyebrows. He sends them to seek out anger, while crying out "Fly, my bushy minions! Fly and seek out anger!".
Larry realizes that he is going to be late for class again by the time he takes the Knit-Master to Archibald for repairs. When he finally shows up at class, Bok Choy scolds him for being late for the 4th time, but lets go of his anger. Bok Choy tells the class "Do not let the sun go down on your anger. Be warned young ones, if you hold on to your anger, your anger will hold on to you."
The next morning, Ma Mushroom is still mad about Larry breaking her machine. A flying angry eyebrow then swoops down and attaches to her forehead, followed by another angry eyebrow attaching itself to the Carrot Lady, causing both them to act very nasty to their local citizens. Back at the Daily Bumble, Vicki talks to Bob about people with big black angry eyebrows committing random acts of anger all over the city. Up on the roof, Larry has finally found a perfect place for the freshly fixed Knit-master. As he heads back to the elevator, he spots Lampy, making him rush to talk to Archibald.
Back at Bob's office, Larry encounters an angry Ma Mushroom. He quickly runs in the broom closet and then comes out in a disguise to trick Ma Mushroom into finding "the real Larry" in the closet. Just then, his mop beeps again. Since he locked Ma in the broom closet, Larry hides in the bathroom. Upon learning Alvin's scheme, he rushes to the Larry-Cave. He tells the citizens that he has come to remove their angry eyebrows, but the Carrot Lady tells him to leave them alone alone because "we're busy being angry". LarryBoy pulls out a pair of tweezers to remove the eyebrows, but it is useless.
Just then, LarryBoy encounters Awful Alvin. Alvin tries to stick his angry eyebrows to Larry, but Larry tells Alvin that he is not holding on to anger. So Alvin tries the best of his power to make LarryBoy mad. Alvin puts a popsicle down Larry's back, blows a trumpet in Larry's ear, and then fills the Larry-Mobile with chocolate syrup. After seeing the eyebrows pour chocolate syrup in Larry's Mobile, LarryBoy becomes enraged and an angry eyebrow sticks to his forehead. Something Alvin says reminds Larry about what he learned at superhero class. When he realizes this, he tries hard and eventually lets go of his anger. All of the citizens in Bumblyburg see this, and let go of their anger as well. However, in turn, Awful Alvin sends his angry eyebrows to capture LarryBoy.
LarryBoy quickly comes up with a plan. He pulls off his cape and waves it like a matador to trick the eyebrows into flying into the Knit-Master 3,000, turning them into a giant, colorful nightcap. Alvin becomes angry, which causes the nightcap to come to life. He tries to outrun the nightcap, but it traps him underneath it. Alvin is then put under arrest for his villainous actions.
Meanwhile, at The Daily Bumble, Ma Mushroom is finally let out of the closet to find that her invention was fixed. She is then given a medal for building the Knit-Master 3,000, which helped LarryBoy save Bumblyburg. Realizing she is a hero, Ma Mushroom finally lets go of her anger and the last Angry Eyebrow flies away.
- Junior Asparagus
- Archibald Asparagus
- Awful Alvin
- Vicki Cucumber
- Bok Choy
- Lemon Twist
- Scarlet Tomato
- Sweet Potato
- Hot Tamale
- Cow Dragon
- Ma Mushroom
- Officer Olaf
- Herbert and Wally
- Main article: LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows/Home Video
- In scientific terms, defying gravity is a way to just float in mid-air.
- According to the script, it was written on September 7th, 2001 and was finalized on October 8th of the same year.
- There were a few differences between the story treatment and the final script:
- There were angry bees residing the pond of Bumblyburg Park, and they were the solution to defeat the angry eyebrows.
- A random employee gets mad at LarryBoy, instead of Ma Mushroom being mad for breaking her invention.
- Alvin never got arrested at the end.
- After this episode was released, the trailer for this episode was slightly edited. The scene of Awful Alvin saying "Fly and seek out anger!" cuts to a scene of the Larry-Plane from the intro.
- According to an article on BigIdea.com announcing the series, there were originally going to be a few more bonus features, which were left out for unknown reasons:
- The verse Bok Choy gave was Ephesians 4:26.
- When this episode aired on Qubo, several cuts were made. These include:
- Archibald Asparagus read the interactive storybook version on Leggo My Ego!.
- This was featured as a bonus feature on an Australian re-release of Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush.
- According to animator Chuck Grieb's resume, production on this episode finished in December 2001.
- Archie's model changes between shots when he and Larry are discussing about the janitor job.
- When the Knitmaster flips over, the orange light shatters completely, but it is only slightly broken when Larry pushes it away.
- When Larry is in disguise, his nose is nasally, but he sounds normal when he states what the beeping was.
- Alvin gains a pair of teeth while telling Lampy his plan.
- Sweet Potato is missing both her lipstick and mask when Electro-Melon introduces himself.
- It never stated how Bob, Junior, and Vicki became angry and gained the eyebrows.
- When Bob's photo of LarryBoy is shown at the end, there are a few differences from when it was shown earlier:
- The cheek lines
- Thicker outlines
- The nose
- The background
- Vest straps
- LarryBoy's signature
- In the shot where Ma Mushroom is mad at Larry, her nose touches Larry's, but in the next shot, the two are slightly apart.
- LarryBoy is missing his tooth when he introduces himself.
- Bob's eyes are crossed in the first scene of the Daily Bumble.
- Junior's eyes are also crossed when Ma Mushroom enters the room.
- Black dots can be spotted in some shots (see image):
- One is seen behind Bok Choy's collar when he tells Electro-Melon to let go of his anger.
- Another one can be spotted in a millisecond when Alvin shows Lampy to LarryBoy.
- LarryBoy is far away when he hops out of the Larry-Mobile, but he is closer to the vehicle in the next shot.
- In some shots, there are outlines on certain characters are missing:
- Alvin's collar when he's about to place the popsicle on Larry-Boy.
- LarryBoy's cape as he's about to resist the anger.
- When the eyebrows pass LarryBoy, they overlap through him.
- If you pause when Ma Mushroom leaves the Daily Bumble, there is a truck that drives by called "Dave Steen Fish."
- The eyebrows flying into the night, and Awful Alvin shouting, "Fly, my bushy minions!" is a reference to the 1939 film "The Wizard of Oz."
- The Green Hornet is a fictional vigilante who wears a mask with his sidekick Kato. They debuted in radio, which spawned to a late 60s television and a 2011 film.
- The narrator calling LarryBoy "The Cucumber of Steel" is a play on words of "Man of Steel," Superman's nickname.
- Awful Alvin would be seen using his Angry Eyebrows again nearly twenty years later.