|The Cheating Scales of Bullamanka|
September 16, 2001
The Cheating Scales of Bullamanka is the second direct-to-video episode for 3-2-1 Penguins!
In a space captain's blog style, Jason reports live stranded on Planet Grandmum's house. Michelle is also reporting live. Together, they recap what they did at Grandmum's cottage.
Jason and Michelle are finishing their second game of Squid-Tac-Toad. Jason is about to use his Squid-Hopper to knock off one of Michelle's Yellow-Capped Whopper Dingies when Grandmum
- Zidgel explaining about the demands of space travel is mostly based on what fictional media portrays on how traveling through space can be done easier than in real life. Best examples that showcase this are the Star Trek series and Doctor Who.
- This is the first episode to have a title card, as well as the first episode with a song at the end.
- This marks the first appearance of the Lizard King and the Bandicoot King.
- The Arena voicover is Kurt.
- Some of the scenes in this episode were removed in the televised version on Qubo and Smile of a Child, including...
- Jason and Michelle's dialogue in the beginning.
- The final scenes of the Comet Lounge.
- It is revealed that Michelle's middle name is Francis.
- In the DVD scene selection, the first chapter has an overview of the cottage, with stock footage from the previous episode. However, that was not included in the DVD. That is because in the original VHS release, there was a intro of Jason and Michelle recapping the events from that said episode.
- Zidgel saying it'll take days to travel through space is somewhat odd, considering the previous episode he asked Midgel to go into hyper drive.
- According to Fidgel from the commentary, the Gurgler sends the game pieces to the snackbar of the arena. So the Lizard King was just probably trying to make it look scary.
- Kevin breaks the fourth wall when he's the only character moving when the voiceover describes "ombudsmen", while everyone else is frozen in place.
- A lot of mentions and references from the previous episode are included here, such as;
- Midgel stating that Michelle might be daydreaming. Even Kevin says "Deja vu!"
- Him also trying out the new landing gear after hearing Jason's advice, as well echoing "No job's too hard when you use your head."
- President "No, I'm the President" is still flying through space.
- Zidgel's laugh when he and the other penguins were free is the famous Woody Woodpecker laugh.