Because VeggieTales started out with characters without arms or legs, it seems impossible that any of the characters would move objects. However, they seemed to do this without any problems.
Although, they do often mention that they don't have any of those body parts.
- VeggieTales Theme Song (First Version) - Before the song starts, Bob suggests Larry play the guitar. Larry tells him he doesn't have any hands, so Bob then suggests the sousaphone.
- Rack, Shack & Benny - Benny tells Rack that he can't move his arms. However, Rack tells him that he doesn't have any arms.
- Josh and the Big Wall! - Everyone applauds when Jimmy and Jerry unveil their new weapon. Tom asks Pa Grape how they are clapping, and Pa replies that he has no idea.
- Madame Blueberry - While Bob and Larry are crying after the story, Larry tells Bob to hold him, and Bob said that he would if he could. He can't because he has no arms.
- VeggieTown Values - In one of the On The Job segments, Larry tells Bob he doesn't have hands.
- The TV version of Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen - Pa Grape asks Archibald when his sweater would be finished, before leading to the fact that whoever knitted it forgot to have arms.
- Lord of the Beans - After Larry obtained his unicycle, Bob asks how he can move it without touching the pedals. All Larry says is that he has a gift.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie - The Swedish dub is titled "Piraterna som inte lyfte ett finger," translating to "The pirates who didn't lift a finger."
- Bob and Larry Sing the 80's - in gourds just wanna have fun, Jerry sings "We wish we have hands so we can give him high five.
- Pistachio - The Little Boy That Woodn't - Purina the Cat (Scallion #2) shouts "High five!" but Confetti the Fox (Scallion #1) tells him they don't have any hands.
- Celery Night Fever - Dennis says "Talk to the hand", but Lanny told him he doesn't have hands.
- VeggieTales in the House - Multiple jokes about the characters' absence of arms and legs are made.