|Jonah Sing-Along Songs and More!|
July 30, 2002
Jonah Sing-Along Songs and More! is the 17th episode of VeggieTales and the 4th sing-along video. This video was released prior to Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, and was made to promote the then-upcoming movie.
Bob and Larry tell the kids that they’re going to do Jonah as their first movie Larry says that Jonah swallowed a whale this makes Bob say that he is mixed up and asks Archibald if what Larry says was right he says no because he hasn’t heard anything that ridiculous saying he is wrong and corrects them saying that the whale swallowed Jonah being correct as the expert . When Bob tells him that it’s time for him to come out from his room he is afraid and says that he is not coming out! Bob is shocked that he will not come out asking him why he won’t get out from his room he says why won’t you come out Archibald? Archibald then explains to him that because he had said that they were going to do Jonah he is afraid of the whale trying to swallow him. Bob tries to reassure him that he will be alright and gives him a good reason to come out but when Bob tries to reason with him Archibald explains that if he only knew what it was for him to be Jonah then he would actually understand. Bob doesn’t get what he means and wonders what he meant He says Bob I’m not coming out because you said that the whale is going to swallow me ! Bob is even shocked more when he hears this and tries telling him that Jonah was God’s prophet and before the whale swallowed him he told everyone about Him. Archibald won’t come out but Bob has tried to reason with him and it doesn’t work since he can’t understand. Archibald tells him sure easy for you to say Bob because you just don’t know what it’s like to be Jonah! Bob still doesn’t get it and Archibald has tried to tell him over and over again that if he was Jonah he would know what it was like! . Then Archibald relaxes and calms down finally coming out from his room saying that he is calm and will be Jonah Bob is happy that he is back.
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber/Larry-Boy
- Archibald Asparagus
- Jerry Gourd (mentioned)
- The French Peas (mentioned)
- Esther (mentioned)
- VeggieTales Theme Song
- Message From The Lord
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (remix version)
- Lyle Medley (We're Vikings, Look Olaf, My Share of Friends)
- Belly of the Whale
- Billy Joe McGuffrey
- Second Chances
- This is ironically the only VeggieTales episode to be released on VHS and not get a DVD re-release like any of the other videos. Though this is because the original scenes were originally from a tape that was for vacation Bible School prior to the film's release. Some scenes on the countertop do appear on Disc 2 of the Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie DVD as bonus features. Additionally, every song on this video except for the Theme Song and Lyle Medley also appears on that DVD (without sing-along lyrics on-screen), either as a part of the movie itself or a bonus music video on Disc 2.
- This is also the only VeggieTales episode released before Jonah to not get a VeggieTales Classics re-release.
- Some additional countertop animation made exclusively for this video was provided by Reel FX Creative Studios.
- This is why Bob and Larry's eye pupils are wider and why they are animated differently (including the way they hop).
- The Word Entertainment release of the video contains an extended version of the behind-the-scenes featurette of Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie from The Amazing Carnival of Complaining.
- The special feature was absent from the Warner Home Video release for unknown reasons.
- This was featured as a bonus feature on the Australian DVD release of the film.
- This is the last episode until Duke and the Great Pie War to not have Scooter.
- This is the last episode to feature the original graphics (despite the animation software transition in 2000), which had been used since the first episode.
- This release uses the same style of Sing Along lyrics as Very Silly Songs!
- This is the last episode to use the 1998-2002 audio for the theme song. Starting with The Ballad of Little Joe, a newer, revamped version of the audio began being used.
- This is the second-to-last episode to be made before Jonah.
- This is the only sing-along video to have more than one lesson. Some of them have a connection to the film.
- Archibald states he's afraid coming out due to his fear of being swallowed by a whale, despite the fact the songs already show scenes from the film.
- The commercial has Chris Rice sing "First Aid in the Fourth Grade", but that verse was never used in the music video.
- Throughout the episode, Bob and Larry's pupils change.
- In one segment where Larry is carrying a huge cup of popcorn and starts sliding back and forth on the countertop, the last shot with Bob is missing Larry sliding to the left, which was featured in previous versions of the countertop segments on the two Jonah VBS videos.
- It's fairly ironic that Warner Home Video released this VHS, despite not releasing the movie.
- The font and colors used on the sing-along lyrics are the same as in Very Silly Songs!.
- Many of the props Larry show in the were:
- The two heroes Larry dressed up are Indiana Jones and James Bond.
- Larry's speech is based on Sally Field's speech from 1985 when she won the Oscars for "Places in the Heart."
- Incidentally, Larry dressing up as Indiana Jones became the basis for Minnesota Cuke.