Jimmy and Jerry Gourd are brothers and two of the main characters of VeggieTales.
Jimmy and Jerry first worked at the USS Applepies with Bob, Larry, and Scooter. Scooter didn't like them at first because all they do is sing and eat, and thought they were crazy. Junior then met them and after hearing Jimmy say he'd like to eat a whole planet, he told the crew to send the brother gourds in the space pods so they could eat the popcorn meteor and save the ship. They were then congratulated and Jerry found the electric plug for the ship's power and everybody was happy of what they did.
Bob and Larry are like Abbot and Costello, Jimmy and Jerry are like Tweedle-dee and Tweedledum. They like eating and singing a lot. They don't do a whole lot, but they do like helping others when they're needed.
Like Larry, they are clueless and often like people to laugh.
Jimmy is considered the more brash and talkative one. It has also been shown that he has a short temper. Jerry is quieter and arguably slightly more intelligent than his brother. He is often shown repeating some phrases from his brother.
Both Jimmy and Jerry are gourds. Jimmy is short and orange, and has a low voice, while Jerry is tall and yellow, and has a high voice that is somewhat similar to Larry's, but it is slightly more monotone.
- Jimmy and Jerry's names originated from the original landowners of Big Idea's second location at the manufacture screw factory. According to Phil, this was done subconsciously, and he didn't notice the connection until they thanked him for naming the characters after them.
- In the original concept art, Jimmy and Jerry were originally meant to be bumpy.
- According to Phil Vischer, the original voices for Jimmy and Jerry were inspired by an uptight-talking boss that he and Mike once worked for. Over the years, Jimmy's voice became more flamboyant, while Jerry's became more nasally.
- Jimmy's voice was originally used as the mad scientist and Frankencelery in Where's God When I'm S-Scared?. It was rumored that Jimmy played the mad scientist, but it is unknown who played the latter scientist.
- Since Minnesota Cuke and the Coconut Apes, Jimmy is often seen without a stem. In the commentary for A Snoodle's Tale, Mike Nawrocki states that the stem is similar to a toupee.
- In the first Brazilian Portuguese dub, despite being male, Jimmy and Jerry are given very high pitched voices similar to that of a little girl.
- In the Taiwanese Mandarin dub, this only happens to Jimmy whenever he speaks, meaning Jerry is completely unaffected by this.
|VeggieTales Main Cast|
|Bob • Larry|
|Junior Asparagus • Archibald Asparagus • Pa Grape • Laura Carrot • Jimmy and Jerry Gourd • Mr. Nezzer • Mr. Lunt • The French Peas • Madame Blueberry • Petunia Rhubarb • Qwerty|