|It's Cool to Be Kind|
May 29, 2020
It's Cool to Be Kind is the fifth released episode of The VeggieTales Show, which teaches a lesson about kindness.
Bob and Larry want to make the world a better place. They want to do big and important things that people will notice! In trying to do good and big things, they’ve ignored what are sometimes the simple and small things – like being kind to others. Pa Grape steps in and shares the story of Peter and John who stopped their big, important plans to help a lowly beggar who couldn’t walk. In the end, Bob and Larry realize they can change the world through everyday acts of kindness — starting with their own friends.
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber
- Archibald Asparagus
- Pa Grape
- Jimmy and Jerry Gourd
- Mr. Nezzer
- Mr. Lunt
- The French Peas
- Madame Blueberry
- Petunia Rhubarb
- Miss Achmetha
- Dr. Flurry
- Callie Flower
- Junior Asparagus (non-speaking role)
- Laura Carrot (non-speaking role)
- Khalil (non-speaking role)
- Bruce Onion (non-speaking role; theme song only)
- The VeggieTales Show Theme Song
- Do Big Things
- Silly Songs with Larry: Amazing Glazed
- Time for the Small
- Rise and Walk
- Walking and Leaping
- This is the first episode for several things:
- The first appearance of Dr. Flurry since his debut in The League of Incredible Vegetables, and the first time he is voiced by Joe Zieja.
- The first episode of The VeggieTales Show with a full Silly Song, not including The Agitated Song from A Lifetime Supply of Joy since that was more of a quick gag.
- The first episode to have Mike Nawrocki as a writer (for the Silly Song only).
- The first episode where Junior does not have any lines.
- The first episode to feature Joe Zieja as a credited voice actor.
- The first episode to have Pa Grape as a narrator since The Best Christmas Gift.
- The first episode since God Wants Us to Make Peace to not be removed and re-released.
- The first time Larry Whitaker worked on a Big Idea production since The Good, the Bad, and the Eggly.
- Mr. Nezzer’s screaming is provided by Phil Vischer instead of David Mann.
- Archibald and Larry somehow quickly change their outfits before the silly song.
- Madame Blueberry and Miss Achmetha do not speak in this episode, but they do sing Do Big Things.
- The characters aren't wearing their top hats after the theme song.
- When Jimmy and Jerry leave to go get Dr. Flurry, they disappear before the door closes behind them.
- When Larry asks Callie where she's going, his costume disappears, but in the next shot, it's back.
- Elise Napier is not credited for voicing Miss Achmetha in this episode, despite her singing.
- Likewise, Madame Blueberry is not added in Stephanie Southerland's list of characters, despite her also singing.
- The signs from the World Peas segment of God Wants Us to Make Peace start to appear backstage.
- Jimmy suggests eating a planet, a nod to one of his lines in Are You My Neighbor?
- The Food-a-Lator is a re-colored version of one of Leon Meringue's inventions from Blunders in Boo-Boo Ville.
- A wood carving of Grandma Nezzer is can be spotted etched into the theater’s proscenium before it is covered in ice cream by the haywire Food-a-Lator.