|If I Sang a Silly Song...|
February 28, 2012
If I Sang a Silly Song... is a special VeggieTales compilation. Larry hosts a telethon where Archibald, Bob, Jean-Claude, Jerry, Jimmy, Junior, Laura, Madame Blueberry, Mr. Lunt, Pa Grape, Petunia, and Phillippe answer telephones for ideas given by viewers of what silly song they would want VeggieTales to make. During the telethon show, there is a Top 10 countdown of the 10 best silly songs from the past 10 years, and another Top 10 countdown of the 10 best silly songs from the 10 years before that. At the end, the winning silly song is played.
- VeggieTales Theme Song (Sung by Larry the Cucumber)
- 10a. The Biscuit of Zazzamarandabo (from Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue)
- 9a. Goodnight Junior (from It's a Meaningful Life)
- 8a. Sippy Cup (from Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella)
- 7a. Pants (from Sweetpea Beauty)
- 6a. Where Have All the Staplers Gone? (from Pistachio - The Little Boy That Woodn't)
- 5a. Lance the Turtle (from Gideon: Tuba Warrior)
- 4a. Gated Community (from Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler)
- 3a. Pizza Angel (from Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush)
- 2a. Sport Utility Vehicle (from A Snoodle's Tale)
- 1a. Monkey (from The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's)
- 10b. Dance of the Cucumber (from Rack, Shack and Benny)
- 9b. The Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps (from The End of Silliness?)
- 8b. The Water Buffalo Song (from Where's God When I'm S-Scared?)
- 7b. The Song of the Cebú (from Josh and the Big Wall!)
- 6b. Belly Button (from The Ballad of Little Joe)
- 5b. The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (from Very Silly Songs!)
- 4b. Love My Lips (from Dave and the Giant Pickle)
- 3b. The Hairbrush Song (from Are You My Neighbor?)
- 2b. Endangered Love (from King George and the Ducky)
- 1b. His Cheeseburger (from Madame Blueberry)
- NEW: Bubble Rap (from Robin Good and His Not-So-Merry Men)
- Since Monkey and the songs made before it were produced in 4:3, they were zoomed in to match the 16:9 aspect ratio of the film.
- This is the most played special on Smile, often being played during time slots where high viewership is expected or to counter against other programs on other networks.
- When the French Peas do their mime act, an instrumental version of I'm So Blue is heard playing.
- The Silly Song telethon raised $3,565 dollars.
- The winning Silly Song, Bubble Rap, was submitted by Jerame Dellapenta.
- At the time of its release, there were 33 Silly Songs, though 12 did not appear due to Bubble Rap premiering as a never-before-heard-or-seen song. The ones that did not appear were Oh, Santa!, Larry's High Silk Hat, Do the Moo Shoo, Schoolhouse Polka, The Blues With Larry, My Baby Elf, A Mess Down In Egypt, Sneeze if You Need To!, Donuts for Benny, The Hopperena, Astonishing Wigs!, and The Eight Polish Foods of Christmas.
- This episode aired on TBN/Smile, despite not being a normal episode. Also, it is given an E/I rating, despite not having anything really educational in this episode.
- In Zazzamarandabo, the dialogue of Archibald reading the "Biscuit of Doug" sign is somehow cut.
- The announcer mispronounces Sport Utility Vehicle as "Sport Utility Vehicles."
- The title could be a reference to the song "If I Had a Hammer."
- The silly song Bubble Rap made its way into Robin Good and His Not-So-Merry Men due to a yet-to-be-explained problem with its original silly song according to the scenes menu on the dvd.