January 22, 2011
Happy Together! is a special VeggieTales compilation DVD. All feature stories about happiness.
Mr. Lunt is making a Hap-umentray, and he needs Larry's help. But Larry is down because he lost his giant teddy bear Chestnut on a bus, and he feels like he can't be happy anymore after what happened. Lunt suggests Larry to help him out interviewing the kids and he'll probably feel better. They interview the kids about "how do friends make you happy?".
Segment #1: Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler
After interviewing them, Larry still feels down and suggests on asking on what they do if they feel sad. Mr. Lunt didn't want to at first, but decides to do as he didn't want Larry down.
Once it was done, Mr. Lunt tells Larry that no matter what happens, he can still be happy. Larry agrees that he still has good friends and family. Lunt states they can always get another bear, which unfortunately upsets Larry saying he can't buy happiness. Which they decided to ask the kids that question.
Segment #3: Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen
Larry states that regardless if he still has Chestnut and despite his sadness, he knows that everyone still loves him. Just as that happens, Percy shows up with a giant teddy bear, which Larry was grateful for. Percy replied that the bear was still riding in the bus. Mr. Lunt tells him that they still need one more question to ask, which is "what makes them happy?"
- This compilation was made in 16:9, but is formatted into 4:3 on the DVD release.
- The angles are reused from Silly Little Thing Called Love.
- Also, like with the former, the continuity of some of scenes is probably out of order when Mr. Lunt is interviewing the kids.
- Just like the non-religious foreign cut, scenes from Esther were shortened, altered or removed:
- The entire opening scene up until the titles is removed. Part of the narrator's dialogue after that scene was moved during the scene moving from the palace to the city.
- The scene where Haman forces Mordecai to bow is shortened.
- The version of "Tell Me Why" before the auditions is removed.
- The dialogue after Scallion #1 introduces Esther but before Esther sings "The Battle is Not Ours" is removed.
- Most of Xerxes and Haman's dialogue after Esther's coronation is removed.
- The scenes after Esther asked both Xerxes and Haman about dinner and before Xerxes goes to sleep are removed. This in turn changes Esther's dialogue before the first dinner outing to tell Xerxes and Haman to come to dinner "tomorrow" night.
- The scene when Xerxes was about to tell Haman "Good night" is removed.
- The narrator's dialogue was moved during the day to night transition.
- You can make cell phones casings out of wood.
- The credits list quite a few things wrong:
- When the girl next to Annie places her crayon in her mouth, it changes from white to yellow/orange.