|God Wants Us to Make Peace|
God Wants Us to Make Peace is the pilot episode of The VeggieTales Show that teaches a lesson in making peace. It is the first episode of the series, but the second episode officially released.
Bob is very excited about his new idea for a Veggie show and is quite sure that the only way for a good show to happen is for Bob to put himself and his ideas first. The rest of the Veggie crew audition for the show with all kinds of fun ideas but not surprisingly Bob’s me first attitude causes all kinds of trouble. It’s only when Pa Grape shares the story of Abraham who chooses to make peace with his nephew Lot that Bob learns a valuable lesson in getting along.
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber
- Junior Asparagus
- Archibald Asparagus
- Pa Grape
- Jimmy and Jerry Gourd
- Mr. Nezzer
- Mr. Lunt
- The French Peas
- Madame Blueberry
- Petunia Rhubarb
- Laura Carrot (non-speaking role)
- Khalil (non-speaking role)
- Bruce Onion (non-speaking role)
This episode was originally the first in production and going to be released first, but the network requested the team make a Christmas special first as to have a video release for the 2019 holiday season. This meant the production for this episode was put on hold until the other show was complete (or at least very far down the production pipeline).
- This is the first time Big Idea worked with 88 Pictures, who took over animation production after Prana Studios shut down.
- The fonts in the logo are DiscoMonkey and Fontdinerdotcom Loungy.
- This is the second time that there's been a VeggieTales version of the story of Abraham and Lot.
- There were a few differences between pre-production and the final product:
- After Bob complains to the peas about their song, his groan was slightly longer.
- Pa Grape didn't say, "I just tried to bring you a snack," after Bob angrily told him to get on stage.
- In the storyboards for the episode, characters such as Petunia, Mr. Lunt, Junior and Larry were present as Bob was handing out scripts for the story of Abraham and Lot. But for some reason, their appearances in the scene were cut from the final animation of the episode.
- The character’s lip-syncing does not match up with the audio in some scenes.
- Larry is missing his tooth in some shots.
- During the meeting in Mr. Nezzer’s office, when Larry starts making noise behind the potted plant, Mr. Nezzer asks Bob who he’s talking to. This question does not make sense as Bob had not spoken to anyone but Mr. Nezzer thus far into the scene.
- There are many continuity errors throughout the theme song, including character placement between shots.
- Both Petunia and Phillipe have lines of dialogue that have not been pitch-shifted.
- The fortune cookie shrinks in size after being opened.
- Both the episode's description and the song Peace erroneously refer to Lot as Abraham's cousin, when he is actually Abraham's nephew.
- Many references are made to the original VeggieTales series in conversation between characters.
- The photos in Mr. Nezzer's office include:
- Mr. Nezzer has pictures of the following characters on his desk:
- The photos used on the bulletin board backstage include:
- Goliath is revealed to have been working as a pizza delivery guy and is shown with the Pizza Angel logo on on his uniform.
- Pa Grape and Jimmy both have the same reused costumes from The Best Christmas Gift. This time, however, Pa Grape’s costume returns to its original color scheme as seen in Abe and the Amazing Promise.