|This article is about the tomato. You may be looking for Larry's older brother.|
In his initial appearance, he was trying to do his Martin Luther King Jr. speech to promote VeggieTales, though interrupted by Larry.
He also narrated the stories of Flibber-o-Loo, Dave and the Giant Pickle, Josh and the Big Wall!, King George and the Ducky, The Ballad of Little Joe, A Snoodle's Tale, Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving, Pistachio - The Little Boy That Woodn't, Snoodlerella and Lenny and the Lost Birthday.
Bob is usually the "straight man" in his partnership with Larry. He is described by Phil Vischer as his inner Mr. Rogers. Bob is calm and nice, though he does get annoyed at times, especially during the What Have We Learned song. He tries to keep things maintained and likes it consistence as it was. However, he gets frustrated when things don't go well, such as when he see what VeggieTales might be if robots take over, and when he wanted to tell a story of Jorgen and his pet monkey in A Snoodle's Tale.
Bob is often a deadpan snarker, and he doesn't like taking jokes seriously, especially from Larry and Qwerty. He often has his moments where he's often out of character, and he is sometimes devious and manipulative. Regardless, Bob is very calm and nice.
Phil Visher once said about Bob (paraphrased): Bob sees Mr.Rogers having a successful show, and he wants that, and Larry wants to help Bob. (This was about the Veggietales show)
Physical Appearance and abilities
Bob is known for working as a chemist and likes painting.
- Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weed
- Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen
- Sweetpea Beauty (with the exception of his cameo in "Snoodlerella")
- Save the Cherry Cat
- New in Town
- Phil Vischer
- John Trauscht (God Made You Special Live!)
- Masami Kikuchi (Japanese dub)
- Jorge Araneda (1st Latin American Spanish dub)
- Julio Cármenes (2nd Latin American Spanish dub)
- Diego Osorio (3rd Latin American Spanish dub)
- José Luiz Barbeito (1st Brazilian dub)
- Marcius Costa (2nd Brazilian dub)
- Manolo Rey (3rd Brazilian dub)
- Robert Horvat (Slovenian dub)
- Marek Erhardt (German dub, speaking)
- Tobias Künzel (German dub, singing)
- Antti Pääkkönen (Finnish dub)
- Antti L. J. Pääkkönen (Finnish dub: VeggieTales in the House)
- Bob’s favorite Silly Song is Larry's High Silk Hat.
- Bob’s favorite food is pasta with white sauce.
- Bob's favourite pastime is practicing his acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize.
- According to his official bio, if he wasn’t an actor, he would be a doctor, a teacher, or a guidance counselor.
- In the Qubo series, Bob said he was allergic to shellfish.
- At one point Phil Vischer considered naming the character Tommy the Tomato. Vischer thought that name was too cute and decided he would choose more “average Joe” names when naming his characters.
- Bob is a rare vegetable in the series because he is a tomato. Bob, his parents and Joe are the only tomatoes in the series to date.
- The only VeggieTales project Phil Vischer did not provide Bob’s voice for was God Made You Special Live! (2008). John Trauscht voiced Bob as a result of negotiation issues in Vischer’s contract at the time.
- Characters often mistaken Bob to have a fever or that he's nervous because his shade of skin is "red."
- In Bob’s Vacation, Bob stated he has sensitive skin.
- In Moe and the Big Exit, Bob appears to faint at the sight of tomato juice.
- Bob has never had an antagonistic role, unless one counts his role as Ottar in Lyle the Kindly Viking.
- He is one of the few characters to go to jail. In contrast, he has also portrayed a sheriff a couple of times.
- Bob keeps a lot of plants in his house, the most notable is his fern Raymond.
- In the first episode of the German spin-off series VeggieTales FitnessHof, Bob states his grandmother is from Spain.
- Also, he takes great offence at being called fat.
|VeggieTales Main Cast|
|Bob • Larry|
|Junior Asparagus • Archibald Asparagus • Pa Grape • Laura Carrot • Jimmy and Jerry Gourd • Mr. Nezzer • Mr. Lunt • The French Peas • Madame Blueberry • Petunia Rhubarb • Qwerty