- Larry: (to audience) Hi, everyone. This is Larry. Normally, this would be the time when the narrator comes on and says, "& now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry. The part of the show where Larry comes out & sings a Silly Song." But I've been thinking, and talking with the guys.
- Mr. Lunt: & we've decided it's time to broaden our scopes, artistically.
- Jimmy Gourd: Yeah, we're artists!
- Junior: Word up! (photographer offscreen takes picture of Boyz in the Sink)
- Larry: There's a time to be silly... (cuddles with manatee and throws it away)... & there's a time to be serious.
- Mr. Lunt: It's time to open up your heart...
- Jimmy Gourd: & show how you feel, artistically! (photographer offscreen takes picture of Boyz in the Sink again)
- Mr. Lunt: Cause we all have something to share...
(Boyz walk through hall & into waiting room) (nurse leads Mr. Lunt to office) (Jimmy Gourd sits on sofa) (Junior is also sitting on the sofa reading a magazine) (Larry is looking around) (Mr. Lunt sits on examining bed)
- Mr. Lunt: (singing) Baby, I know your eyes see right through my disguise.
- Boyz: And no one can deny.
- Mr. Lunt: Baby, that I'm the one whose love is no surprise.
- Boyz: And he can't tell you no lie.
- Mr. Lunt: But there's a secret I've been hidin', I can't keep it no more.
- Boyz: There's this thing about himself he's never told you before!
- Mr. Lunt: Baby!
- Boyz: He needs to tell you something!
- Mr. Lunt: I don't got a belly button!
- Boyz: No bell-y but-ton!
- Mr. Lunt: Oh, I need to tell you something!
- Boyz: Have you figured out he don't got a belly button?
- Mr. Lunt & Boyz: Belly button, no! Oh, no no!
- Mr. Lunt: Baby, please don't squeal. Just tell me how you feel.
- Boyz: Cause his love is for real.
- Mr. Lunt: And if you went away, my heart would never heal.
- Boyz: So to you, he appeals.
- Mr. Lunt: There's something missing in my middle, & it's hard to ignore.
(Boyz walks into office) (Dr. Khalil comes in)
- Dr. Khalil: Bellybutton?
- Boyz: Uh-uh.
- Dr. Khalil: Bellybutton?
- Boyz: Uh-uh!
- Dr. Khalil: You say your bellybutton's missing? There's no reason for alarm. It's a common thing for gourds. It won't (with Boyz) do you any harm! You're technically a fruit. & with that much being said, your umbilical equivocal is up there on your head! You could opt for a prosthetic but of course you'd have to know. It'd be covered by your (with Boyz) shirt! But not your HMO!
- Boyz: Bellybutton! (nurse comes in with broom)
- Dr. Khalil: Uh-uh!
- Boyz: Bellybutton!
- Dr. Khalil: Uh-uh! (nurse chases Boyz & Dr. Khalil out of office)
- Mr. Lunt: A stylish something absent from my midriff's decor.
- Mr. Lunt & Boyz: No bellybutton! (nurse leaves office angrily)
- Mr. Lunt: Do I at least get a lollipop?
- Mike Nawrocki originally wanted this song to be in "A Snoodle's Tale" as it fits the theme of nothing to hide, but it was brought forward for "The Ballad of Little Joe."
- According to Brian Roberts, it was the most expensive Silly Song to produce.
- Larry is cuddling his Barbara Manatee doll from "Endangered Love" in the introduction.
- The magazine Junior is reading has 3-2-1 Penguins! in it.
- This is the last Silly Song to be animated entirely by Big Idea.
- This song is featured in "The Ballad of Little Joe," "Sing-Alongs: Do the Moo Shoo," and "God Made You Special."
- This song won the Children's Jury Award for Animated Short Film or Video at the 2004 Chicago International Children's Film Festival, and was nominated for the 2004 Long Form Music Video of the Year nominee by GMA Dove Award.
- This is the second Silly Song without a title card. The first was "Do the Moo Shoo."
- This is the first Silly Song not to take place on the countertop. However, it does appear in the introduction of the song.
- This is the second Silly Song not to feature the countertop during the singing parts. The first was "Do the Moo Shoo", though it did take place on the countertop, but the shift to a flashy animation style obscured the countertop's distinctives.
- This song was remixed for the Boyz in the Sink album, and in it, Kirk Franklin replaces Khalil.
- International dubs of this song except for the Arabic and German dubs leave the "bum bum" vocals silent.