|A Lifetime Supply of Joy|
March 25, 2020
A Lifetime Supply of Joy is the third released episode of The VeggieTales Show which teaches a lesson about joy. It was originally released on Yippee TV on March 25th, 2020, but was removed two days later. It was then officially re-released on March 30th.
Larry the Cucumber is a finalist to receive a lifetime supply of Doodle-Whoppers Cookies! Now he can finally be happy! But when Junior Asparagus is revealed as the other finalist, Bob determines that both veggie friends need a lesson in the true meaning of “joy” — happiness that lasts. Bob rallies the veggies for a performance on the story of Paul and Silas — two friends who remained joyful even in the midst of a prison sentence.
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber
- Junior Asparagus
- Archibald Asparagus
- Pa Grape
- Laura Carrot
- Jimmy and Jerry Gourd
- Mr. Nezzer
- Mr. Lunt
- Madame Blueberry
- Petunia Rhubarb
- Callie Flower
- The French Peas (Jean-Claude only; Phillipe only in theme song)
- Miss Achmetha (non-speaking role)
- Khalil (non-speaking role)
- Bruce Onion (non-speaking role; theme song only)
- This is the first episode for several things:
- The first time Laura Carrot speaks in the show, the first time she is voiced by Kira Buckland, and the first time she plays a role in the story.
- The first time Callie Flower appears in the show, the first appearance with her new redesign, and the first time she is voiced by Stephanie Southerland.
- The first episode directed by Guy Vasilovich.
- The first episode of The VeggieTales Show to includes a Silly Song.
- The first episode to not feature Goliath.
- The first appearance of Miss Achmetha in the show, and her first appearance overall since Celery Night Fever.
- This is the second time Larry went to jail for being falsely accused since The Ballad of Little Joe, even being in jail with Jimmy and Jerry and Madame Blueberry caused him to be arrested too.
- Jimmy, Jerry, and Pa unrealistically wake up from their slumber during the song Singing in Jail.
- When Petunia says "Yes?", her mouth doesn't move when she speaks.
- During the classroom segment, some of the drawings on the chalkboard finish before Petunia can stop moving her chalk.
- The positions of the characters are inconsistent in various scenes.
- Petunia's last line isn't pitch-shifted.
- There are some new VeggieBill posters on the walls backstage that include references to:
- Some of the matte paintings backstage are from previous episodes.
- You can see Larry's Christmas tree made out of a coat-rack from The Best Christmas Gift next to the front entrance of the theatre.
- The Veggie extras in the story of Paul and Silas are reused from various episodes of the original series.
- Miss Achmetha's costume is the same as one of the costumes worn by Miss Minchin in Beauty and the Beet.
- One of the toys on the chalkboard vaguely resembles Batman of DC Comics.
- The VeggieBill posters are a playoff of the Playbill magazines that are often read by theatregoers.
- The Mr. Butter's Doodle-Whopper is similar to a Nutter Butter, a type of cookie manufactured by Nabisco.